Today is such a day for me…my sense of loss after hearing about Dr Covey’s death is something I cant a put a finger to. His teachings have impacted my life tremendously as I had the good fortune to undergo his leadership session, hear him at a couple of speaking engagements and follow his blog regularly.
As my tribute to him, I would like to share 10 quotes from him that changed my life…and am hoping it will help all of you.
1) The key is not to prioritize what’s on your schedule, but to schedule your priorities.
2) The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.
3) Live out of your imagination, not your history.
4) Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.
5) Most of us spend too much time on what is urgent and not enough time on what is important.
6) I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.
7) You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage—pleasantly, smilingly, nonapologetically, to say “no” to other things. And the way you do that is by having a bigger “yes” burning inside. The enemy of the “best” is often the “good.”
8) I teach people how to treat me by what I will allow.
9) Love is a verb. Love – the feeling – is the fruit of love the verb or our loving actions. So love her.
10) Live, love, laugh, leave a legacy.
Rest In Peace Dr Covey…I will miss you…